Gunter Construction is carefully seeking a commercial project estimator with precision. If you like to solve technical problems, are an analytical thinker that estimates complicated projects in an organized, and factual manner, we may have the perfect role for you to reach your professional goals. We are searching for a self-sufficient problem solver who is research persistent to exceed performance parameters consistently in this project estimator role. Can you organize a large scope of work in a timely manner while engineering the most cost effective bid?
If you’re the type of focused Commercial Project Estimator motivated by project deadlines, strive for accuracy, effectively communicates, proactively solicit bid prices from vendors, and accountable to ensure compliance is consistently achieved on large commercial projects, apply today. If not, that is okay, but this job isn’t for you.
The Construction Project Estimator will be responsible for projects with significant construction risks; ensuring that the company reads the plans correctly, has the proper calculations, adheres to design specifications, and creates solutions to maximize financial strength and minimize cost overruns.
We’re looking for only high performing talent with integrity; and a professional grade Construction Project Estimator that has a steely dedication. If you loath errors and are accountable to design complex projects, we urge you to take the next step in your career path to build a brighter future at Gunter Construction.
- Report directly to C.O.O.
- Minimum of 10 yrs experience in dirt work, concrete work, civil construction / street rehab projects
- Communicating with Project Administrator to give them information needed to send out invitations to bid
- Strong math skills
- Self-starter & ability to make decisions independently
- Ability to multi-task without impacting attention to detail or quality of the final product
- Proven record of successful projects
- Familiarity with APWA, KCMO/MODOT/KOT standard specs
- Extensive experience in Estimating software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel skills
- Promotes the highest level of professionalism & ethics when dealing with clients, other contractors, suppliers, and vendors
- Good leadership skills, Communication (oral and written), and inter-personal skills
- Maintain and build strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of the company
- Prepare Project estimates in B2W or HCSS
- Accurately set up each job in the bidding software
- Correctly reading and interpreting blueprints and specifications and agenda’s
- Prepare Takeoff quantities in Plan swift and Microsoft excel templates
- Provide an overrun/underrun comparison for self-performed items of work
- Be prepared for bid reviews
- Compile Sub and Supplier quotes. Utilize the quote subsystem in estimating software for comparisons
- Price project on bid date and submit bid closing summary to PA
- Recommend final margin
- Pricing should take advantage of overruns and underruns when possible
- Establishing and setting priorities according to your workload
- Estimate up to $10mil/project and can handle multiple projects averaging $750K
- Producing timely and accurate estimates through use of our estimating software
- Producing 3-4 complete estimates per week, with multiple in the pipeline
- Providing timely and accurate material take offs
- Become intimately familiar with plans & specifications for the Project
- Develop a complete understanding for our bid, bid assumptions, budget, SCA’s & P.O.’s
- Develop a good “big picture” understanding of the Project