- 401k Match
- Profit Share Program
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Life at Gunter
Our team members can expect loyalty, fair treatment, and individual consideration from all management levels. Team Gunter understands the value of a healthy work-life balance. One way we achieve this is by building projects with local people, this ensures they are "always home for dinner".
As a team, our people are quicker to come to the point, frank and more open in conversations. We face many difficult problems that need to be solved and decisions made in a timely manner. Team members can rely on each other because our people are courteous and considerate but have a different drive and an unusual air of urgency about them.
- Report directly to C.O.O.
- Become intimately familiar with plans & specifications for the Project
- Develop a complete understanding of bid, bid assumptions, budget, Subcontractors & P.O.’s
- Develop a good “big picture” understanding of the Project
Pre-Project Planning Functions
- Fully understand plans, specifications and standard drawings for the Project
- Understand full scope of the Project
- Comprehensive understanding of quality and acceptance requirements
- Review and understand the bid and budget assumptions
- Develop detailed work plan with the Project team to ensure successful Project completion
Permits & Submittals
- Responsible for all E & S plans and all permits required for the Project
- Review all Subcontractor submittals for details and accuracy prior to submission to Owner
- Generate all RFI’s and submittal log for the Project
- Prepare Project schedule and weekly updates
- Know and understand contract completion dates
Subcontractor & Material Control
- Hold pre-con meetings with GCC employees and Subs prior to starting new items of work on the Project.
- Assist with confirming that subcontractors and suppliers have all required paperwork in prior to starting their work.
- Assist with monitoring subs for accuracy of work and conformance with specs, QC and QA.
- Maintain accurate log of all materials delivered by vendor and by material type & compare to P.O. quantities to ensure adequate material onsite to complete work
- Accurately cost code all material and OST tickets & invoices
Project Management & Administration
- Initiate and approve Subcontracts and PO’s
- Confirm a subcontractor has all required paperwork turned in to GCC before starting their work,
- Assist Superintendent with daily management of Project
- Maintain dialog with on-site field personal of their needs (I.e. misc. supplies, materials and equipment) and make arrangements to get it to them
- Maintain communication with Owner and their Representatives of on-going work
- Recognize when we are performing work beyond the scope of or contract & discuss it with Supt.
- Approve daily logs and weekly job photos from Superintendent
Progress & Payments, Change Orders & Cost Control
- Price additional work to Owner and prepare change orders
- Observe crew sizes, equipment utilization, material usage & productions as compares to budget assumptions. Discuss variances with Supt and OM.
- Assist in tracking costs on specific items at the field level of big ticket items (i.e. mass haul, concrete placement, stone placement, etc)
- Initiate and approve Pay applications to Owners
- Initiate and approve Pay Estimates to Subcontractors
- Initiate project closeout and work closely with Project Administrator to gather final information required by each Owner.
- Understand quality control program and quality control requirements
- Recognize when work is being performed in violation of the specification. Notify Supt. & OM.
- Assist with quality control needs as requested
- Recognize unsafe acts or operations and do not let them continue
- Assist with holding weekly safety meetings
- Understand Company safety rules and regulations
- Understand Project specific safety concerns
- Ensure regular safety meetings with crews are held
- Observe site for safe operations
- Identify small tools and miscellaneous material needs on a weekly basis with Superintendent and Operations Manager
- Maintain inventory control of permanent materials in conjunction with the Superintendent and Operations Manager
Reliable transportation required.
Compensation commensurate upon experience.
Passing of Background and drug test required.
Spanish & English communication skills a plus.
Gunter Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer