Gunter Construction is aggressively seeking a civil Project Manager with grit. If you’re a pro-active, strategic thinker that drives complicated projects forward in an organized, controlled manner, we may have the perfect role for you to reach your professional goals. We are hunting a self-sufficient problem solver and visionary to exceed performance parameters relentlessly in this project management role.
If you’re the type of thick skinned construction Project Manager motivated by processes, systems, and accountability to ensure compliance is consistently achieved on large civil projects, apply today. If not, that is okay, but this job isn’t for you.
We’re looking for only high performing talent with integrity; and a professional grade Construction Project Manager that is a born leader. If you loath delays and drive others as hard as yourself, we urge you to take the next step in your career path to build a brighter future at Gunter Construction.
Pre-Project Planning Functions
- Fully understand plans, specifications, scope and standard drawings for the Project
- Comprehensive understanding of quality and acceptance requirements
- Review and understand the bid and budget assumptions
- Develop detailed work plan with the Project team to ensure successful Project completion
Permits & Submittals
- Responsible for all E & S plans and all permits required for the Project
- Review all Subcontractor submittals for details and accuracy prior to submission to Owner
- Generate all RFI’s and submittal log for the Project
- Prepare Project C.P.M. and updates: include narrative of events that changed the schedule and add events as they occur.
Project Management & Administration
- Initiate and approve Subcontracts and PO’s
- Maintain dialog with on-site field personal of their needs (I.e. misc. supplies, materials and equipment) and make arrangements to get it to them
- Maintain communication with Owner and their Representatives of on-going work
- Recognize when we are performing work beyond the scope of or contract & discuss it with Supt.
Progress & Payments, Change Orders & Cost Control
- Maintain GCC and all Subcontractors job quantities
- Review cost reports on a weekly basis, Check for accuracy.
- Observe crew sizes, equipment utilization, material usage & productions as compares to budget assumptions. Discuss variances with Supt and OM.
- Understand quality control program and quality control requirements
- Recognize when work is being performed in violation of the specification. Notify Supt. & OM.
- Observe site for safe operations