- Operates efficiently heavy equipment such as a Track hoe, Loader, Dozer, Compactor, Blade and other heavy equipment.
- Efficient in use of GPS capabilities on equipment
- Understands how to read elevations cut/fill
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction and paving.
- Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- Perform daily pre–and–post equipment inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Ability to properly maintain equipment
- Experience running curb machine
- Examples of Work:
· Knows how to strategically remove concrete curbs, sidewalks, paving efficiently.
· Cuts, Digs, compacts, Performs finished grading operations in order to minimize over-runs of asphalt and concrete.
· Fine grade; dirt, rock, etc.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Compensation commensurate upon experience
- Passing of Background and drug test required
- Spanish & English communication skills a plus.
- 401k Match
- Profit Share Program
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Gunter Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer